The IET India Scholarship Awards is an initiative designed by the Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET) that aims to recognize and nurture India’s future engineering leaders. This is the 6th edition of the award which will be given to undergraduate engineering students to reward their creativity, innovation, leadership, and excellence.
Students who are in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of their engineering program will compete for a scholarship award of Rs.10,00,000.
IET is one of the world’s largest professional societies for engineers that work together with industry, academia, and government to build a better world. Eminent engineers like Mr. Ratan Tata (Former Chairman, Tata Sons), NR Narayana Murthy (Chairman Emeritus, Infosys), and TV Ramachandran (Chairman, Broadband India Forum and Ex-Resident Director, Vodafone) are Honorary Fellows of IET. Also Read: Job Mela with over 70 companies to be held on July 27
Eligibility for IET India Scholarship Awards 2022
- Open to students studying in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year of full-time regular undergraduate engineering program (in any field) approved by AICTE/UGC.
- The scholarship is also open to lateral entry students joining a B.Tech program in the second year.
- Applicants must have cleared all regular credit courses in a single attempt.
- Applicants must have scored at least 60% in aggregate or equivalent CGPA of at least 6.5 on a 10-point scale in the semesters cleared so far.
- There is no age limit for applicants.
Also Read: Top 5 Career Options After 12th
Note: Application is open to all IET members and non-members and to all branches of engineering recognized by AICTE/UGC.
Benefits of IET India Scholarship Awards 2022:
The selected scholars will get scholarships as mentioned below –
For the Regional Round of Selection
There will be at least 4 regional rounds and the scholarship award will be as follows –
- Regional round winner – Rs 1,20,000 + Certificate + IET Membership
- Regional round runner-up – Rs 60,000 + Certificate + IET Membership
Also Read: Current Affairs Today 19 July 2022
For National Finals
The winners of the regional round will compete in the national final and the scholarship award will be as follows –
- Winner – Rs 3,00,000 + Certificate + IET Membership
- 1st runner-up – Rs 1,70,000 + Certificate + IET Membership
- 2nd runner-up – Rs 1,50,000 + Certificate + IET Membership
Note: If a student wins the scholarship at both the regional and national level, he/she will be awarded a certificate for both levels and prize money only for the national level.
Documents Required for IET India Scholarship Awards 2022
- No documents are required to be attached at the time of application.
How to Apply for IET India Scholarship Awards 2022?
Step 1: First go to the IET official website by this link: Click Here
Step 2: Now, click on the ‘Register Now’ button to proceed.
Step 3: Fill in all the required details in the registration form and submit.
Step 4: Once registered, log in using your registered email id and password.
Step 5: Continue to fill in your personal details, academic information, professional activities, and co-curricular activities in the scholarship application.
Step 6: Submit the application.